No products in the cart.
Our website address is: http://chetanadelhi.org.
Copyright © CHETANA
Chetana offers its information on the Internet essentially for the benefit of individuals interested in its efforts to protect and empower marginalised communities and foster human development. If you wish to mirror, reproduce, republish or translate any of the information for wider dissemination, please contact us at Chetana4delhi@gmail.com with details of such proposed use, including the nature and size of the intended audience. Chetana reserves all copyrights on material on its Web pages, including photographs and graphic designs. In the case of some publications, Chetana has licensed the rights to third parties. The use of Chetana Internet material for any purpose, including repackaging in hard copy or compilation for CD-ROM or any other electronic media, is prohibited unless prior written permission is obtained. The unauthorized use of the Chetana name and logo is against international and national law and is expressly forbidden.
Linking to Chetana
Thanks for your interest in sharing Chetana’s message with visitors to your website!
Chetana welcomes links from sites that share our goals of working for marginalised communities. By adding a link you are expressing your support for our goals.
A site that links to Chetana’s site:
- May not contain any content which could be deemed offensive, unsuitable for children, or harmful to or exploitative of children, including content which could be considered child pornography or otherwise promoting or depicting the exploitation of children for any illegal or immoral purpose.
- May not contain any content which could be deemed offensive, unsuitable for persons, or harmful to or exploitative of marginalised persons, including content which could be considered pornography or otherwise promoting or depicting exploitation of marginalised persons for any illegal or immoral purpose.
- May link to Chetana’s content but may not copy it without special permission.
- Should not embed a Chetana web page in a frame or create any border environment around Chetana content.
- Should not misrepresent its relationship with Chetana or imply that Chetana is endorsing it or its products.
- Should not use the Chetana logo without permission. Permission is normally granted only to authorized persons of Chetana, i.e. our executive committee and our team
- Must, if it sells any products or services, inform Chetana and request permission to link as a commercial site.
Chetana reserves the right to disallow links at any time (e.g. if there are contents or other links in close proximity to the Chetana link that may be inappropriate from Chetana’s point of view). If this is the case, the site maintainers agree to delete the link immediately.
Note on maps
Maps on this site do not reflect a position by Chetana on the legal status of any country or territory or the delimitation of any frontiers.
If you are under 16 years old, please talk to your parents, or the adults who are caring for you, and make sure that they agree with how you are sharing your information.
What is Personal Information?
In brief: How do we protect your personal information?
- We will only use your personal information for the purposes described in this Policy and for no other purpose.
- We will not sell your personal information.
- We will not keep your personal information for longer than is necessary for the stated purposes except to the extent required by applicable regulations.
- We will take all reasonable and necessary technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information.
Special note for children
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
Depending on how you interact with us, the personal information that we collect may include your name, postal address, email address, telephone or mobile number, social media name, your contact preferences, bank details, the date and/or year of your birth, and gender (where this is appropriate, such as when you register for a running event). We may also collect personal information about the donations you make to us, any actions you take as part of a campaign for us, or events that you register for or participate in, and details from any interactions with our support team. We may combine this information with information we gather during your general browsing from standard server logs (such as your IP (Internet Protocol) address, domain name, browser type, operating system, and information such as the web site that referred you to us, the files you downloaded, the pages you visit, and the dates/times of those visits). We do this to make sure our communications to you are appropriate and tailored – something we know means a lot to our supporters. We’ve set out some examples below.
Personal information provided when you make a donation
- If you make a donation through our site, you will be asked to provide certain personal information to help us process the payment and make sure that your donation goes where you intend it to go. For example, we may receive your name, email address, postal address, phone number, a record of your consent, and other information you choose to provide.
Publicly Available Personal information about you
- We may also gather personal information that is publicly available to build up a better picture of you and your interests, as well as behavioural data on digital platforms so we can consider how best to ask for your support. To do this we do research, which may include using third-party subscriptions, to help us understand things such as the demographic information associated with your postal code, an estimate of your age, information about directorships and shareholdings, employment and earnings as well as your charitable interests and giving history.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may use your personal information:
To communicate with you
- If you have reached out to us with a question or feedback, we may communicate with you to respond to that question or feedback.
- We may communicate with you to provide you with access and use of the services you have requested or signed up to, such as newsletters and updates.
- If you have created an account with us under any of our sites, we may send you a message to check and see if there is any help we can give or check whether you encountered any problems. And we may reach out to you to verify if the email or postal address we hold for you is correct.
To fulfill administrative tasks, including processing donations
- We will use your information to keep a record of your relationship with us.
- We may use your information to process payments of donations and contact you about the payment transaction or donation and verify the payment transaction.
- If we have a contractual arrangement with you or your employer (and you have been named as the contact person), we may use your information to contact you about that contractual arrangement.
- We may also use your information to analyse and improve our website, services, products or information we provide to you.
To engage your support to advocate for rights of marginalised communities
- We may collect pledges of support for campaigns to stand up for rights of marginalised communities, like petition signatures or connecting you with your representatives so that you can contact them directly to ask them to take action.
To engage support from you and other potential supporters
- We may use your information to ask you to participate in surveys or research, to carry out and analyze research surveys, focus groups or other research methods.
- We may also use you and other supporters’ information, and combine it with other publicly available information, to create supporter ‘profiles’ and assess trends.
- We may also carry out research to identify individuals who have an affinity to our cause but with whom we are not already in touch. We use sources from the public domain, and our volunteer campaign boards and committees, to identify other individuals who may be able to support us or introduce us to others, usually at a major gift level.
- The purpose of doing so will be to:
- better understand you and our other supporters and to engage with you and them in appropriate and efficient ways
- to provide more targeted, relevant experiences for our individual donors, provide more awareness for Chetana’s work around the world, to be more transparent on how donors’ funds are being used, and to target similar profiles in different digital landscapes.
- In certain cases, we may use the information we’ve collected to conduct due diligence on all major gifts in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations and internal risk management policies and procedures. This is to safeguard our reputation and to help us mitigate any associated risk.
To market directly to you
- We may use your information to let you know by email, telephone, SMS or post or through social media the latest news about our work for children and share with you how else you can help, where we have a legitimate basis to do so. These updates may include information on fundraising or campaigning for us, our range of CHETANA-branded merchandise and other gifts, information on leaving a gift in your will, specific appeals as well as updates on our work with children.
- Where we don’t specifically ask for you consent to do this, we believe it is in our mandate and legitimate interest to let our supporters know about the latest news about our work for children and share with you how you can help. We only do this where we don’t believe sending these will impact your privacy or cause you harm or distress.
To facilitate your participation in a competition
- We may use your information to enable you to take part in one of our competitions.
- If you take part in one of our competitions, we may use your information to carry out the administration of the competition.
To protect our legal rights
- We may de-identify (i.e. anonymize) and aggregate information collected through our sites for statistical analysis and other legitimate purposes, including in research studies.
HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may share your personal information with our Partners, agents or service providers. They will only use your Personal Information for the purposes set out in the Section above. We will only share your personal information with these partners if they provide sufficient guarantees that your personal information will be protected and kept secure, including in cases where those third parties are located in countries outside your country of residence. We will also take reasonable steps to ensure that the means of transfer of your personal information provide adequate safeguards. We promise to always keep your details safe and we’ll never sell or swap your personal information with any other organisation. We may provide your email address or mobile phone number to digital advertising or social media companies who work on our behalf, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube. This is so we can reach you and others like you with our latest news and information about how you can help keep children safe. This personal information is always provided in an encrypted format and is deleted immediately after use. If you don’t want to see targeted advertising from us on social media, please refer to the instructions provided by the specific social media website or app, for example on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Google.
HOW CAN YOU CONTROL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
You can request more information about how we hold and use your information or make any other request in relation to your personal information, including withdrawing your permission to use your personal information, by contacting us at email@example.com.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will only use and store your personal information for so long as it is required for the purposes it was collected for. How long personal information will be stored for depends on the personal information in question and what it is being used for, as well as whether there is any administrative or regulatory requirement for retaining the personal information. For example, we retain your personal information as long as necessary to comply with our obligations, including our obligations to you, to address any request by you (including to administer your donation), or to enforce our rights.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SECURE?
We have in place reasonable commercial standards of technology and operational security to protect all personal data provided by individuals from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Only authorized personnel, who have been made appropriately aware of our privacy obligations, are provided access to personal information.
The CHETANA Name and Emblem
The Chetana name and emblem are the exclusive property of Chetana. They are protected under national law. Unauthorized use is prohibited. They may not be copied or reproduced in any way without the prior written permission of Chetana. Requests for permission should be sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The CHETANA Web Site
Other Web Sites
The CHETANA Web Site may be linked to other web sites that are not under CHETANA’s control. CHETANA provides these links merely as a convenience and the inclusion of such links does not imply an endorsement or approval by CHETANA of any web site, product or service. CHETANA does not assume any responsibility or liability in respect of such web sites, including, for example, responsibility or liability for the accuracy or reliability of any information, data, opinions, advice or statements made on those web sites.
Interactive Parts of the Chetana Web Site
The CHETANA Web Site may contain bulletin boards, chat rooms, access to mailing lists or other message or communication facilities. The user agrees, when taking advantage of such facilities, not to do any of the following: (a) defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal, moral, or human rights of others (such as rights of privacy and publicity); (b) publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information; (c) upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy) unless the user owns or controls the rights thereto or has received all necessary consents; (d) upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programmes that may damage the operation of another’s computer; (e) delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded; (f) falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded; (g) advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests, or chain letters; or (h) download any file posted by another user that the user knows, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner. CHETANA reserves the absolute right to delete any material posted to the CHETANA Web Site without notice to the user.
CHETANA accepts no responsibility or liability in respect of the conduct of any user in connection with such facilities, or for any material submitted by users and carried on the CHETANA Web Site including, for example, responsibility or liability for the accuracy or reliability of any information, data, opinions, advice or statements made in such material.